Hello butterflies, it’s ipsy time! Just want to say that I’ve really come to embrace my ipsy addiction. 😊 And this month’s glambag is so good!
Also in other news, I bought a new-to-me camera off eBay and my first impression so far is: wowza! It’s the Sony RX100 first generation which came out in 2012, so it’s old in terms of years but man is it better than newer point-and-shoots!! The pictures below are taken with the camera, unretouched.
(Well, except for this one I tweaked on my phone to brighten a bit.)
So here are the items I received in my May ipsy…
This bag, while may scream cute, is very cheap quality. The material isn’t thick so it wrinkles easily and doesn’t keep its shape. The zipper is also very flimsy, I think it has a lot to do with it being badly sewn on such thin plastic. I was excited to get this but I’ll just keep it under the sink to keep all my cleanser samples in. I love the print, so summery!
1. Luxie Dreamcatcher Precision Foundation Brush 660 ($23) – this is my choice item this month. It was between this and the IT mascara but I still have a couple of mascara to use up and I kind of wanted to build my Luxie brush collection so…
2. Adesse Organic Infused Gel Effect Nail Lacquer in Surfer Girl ($18) – this is supposed to finish like a gel polish. I haven’t tried it yet but will update once I do. The color is lovely!! This is my second Adesse nail polish from ipsy.
3. Caked Makeup Lip Fondant in Low Key ($16) – this had the cutest packaging, oh my god! Sprinkled donut? Yum!!! From their website: The most beautiful dusty, muted terracotta that pulls either pink or red, depending on your natural lip color. I’m really crossing my fingers that I will like the color and formula.
4. pur~lisse BB Tinted Moist Cream SPF 30 ($8.75) – I like this brand so I’m happy to try out their BB moisturizer. It has spf 30 which I love! The packaging is also cute on this one.
5. Urban Decay Afterglow in Sin ($9.04) – this highlighter claims to stay put for 8 hours. I’m not much of a highlighter girl, I use it from time to time but I don’t really contour so this sample size works just fine for me. I will probably use it most for the inner corners of my eyes.
This month’s bag has a value of $74.79. I received 3 full-sized products and 2 samples. Really can’t beat ipsy.